It’s February and time for a bit of love. Let’s make it a bit different though this time, it’s all about loving ourselves this month – and why not too!
So, here are a few recipes of products you can make at home to make YOU feel loved. Why not have a try…
NATURAL FACE MASK
Make your own face mask at home using ingredients that you have in your fridge or pantry! Why not try putting on a face mask while you sit in the bath. Make it a true evening of pampering! If you have sensitive skin, maybe do a patch test first.
Dry Skin: Mash up an overripe avocado and apply to your face. The oils are great for dry skin
Oily Skin: Mix low fat yoghurt with some honey and apply to your face. The yoghurt will do a natural exfoliation and the honey will help with any pimples
Mature Skin: Beat an egg white until light and then brush onto your face. Leave it until it sets and then wash off with a warm flannel. This should help make your skin feel nice and firm.
ROSE & GERANIUM BATH SALTS
What you need:
- small bowl & spatula/mixing spoon
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals
- 1 tsp castor oil
- 2-3 tbsp sweet almond oil or jojoba oil
- 3-5 drops of geranium essential oil
- Blend all the ingredients together in the small bowl
- Run yourself a bath (just of water) and then just before you get in, add the bath salts and agitate the water
- Get into your bath, sit back and relax!
NOTE: Please be careful as the bath floor may become slippery from the oils
LAVENDER & GERANIUM BODY OIL
What you need:
- A dark glass bottle big enough to hold and store your body oil in
- 100ml Fractionated Coconut oil
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Geranium Essential Oil
- Add all the ingredients to the bottle, put on the lid and give it a good shake up
- Apply the oils to your body after your warm bath
I hope you have a lovely February celebrating ‘self-love’ month! Want to know where to buy your aromatherapy products from? Why not visit my website www.tsuiapothecary.com to purchase carrier oils, essential oils and accessories.
Thanks so much for reading,